Sunday, June 12, 2011

Idea Garage Sale: The Next SyFy Channel Original Movie

It's about a giant rampaging flying proboscidian and the title is:

Mammothra!

Plot? Have you seen any "SyFy Channel Original Movies?" They all have the same plot and the same handful of characters. The draw, such as there is, is the monster and its absurd CGI.

I can't take credit for this; it all goes at the feet of my husband Damon, who often throws out punning titles for me, whether there's a project to go with it or not. Switching Well is one of his - when I was talking about that book and puzzling over the mechanics of time travel, he suggest the wishing/switching well device.

Why, yes, I did have trouble sleeping after caffeinating, driving up to Austin and back, and attending the WTL conference yesterday. Thank you for asking. I think I'll crawl back into bed now that I've caught up on newsgroups and comics and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment