Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's All Material, If You're Not in the Midst of It

The news has handed me this weekend's Idea Garage Sale, I think. For those who read wildfire reports and have no idea what the names in the stories mean geographically, here's a handy map. It disturbs me that, as of this post, Austin is wholly obscured on this map by little flame symbols. The fires, however, in general surround Austin, in the agricultural and suburban areas, rather than being in the city proper.

As for me, the worst problems I have are that work on the house is at a standstill until Damon and I decide what to do about the screens; and that I only realized yesterday that I don't have a grasp of the character arc of what should be a key character in the novella I've been revising. The thing's unpublishable without that and I have to wonder what's wrong with me that I didn't notice it till yesterday! However, past experience indicates that once I work that out, everything that's been vaguely bothering me about this story will fall into place or fall off the edges, and it'll be all downhill from there.

Yeah, health crap and all, I have it pretty good. Note to self: When was the last time we donated to the Red Cross? Probably time to do it again, though the house has curtailed our generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment