Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's too nice a day to blog

Seriously. My pittosporum is blooming for the first time in the over 20 years since we moved into this house and I'm way behind on yardwork. Also, I have to go pick up Moby at the body shop this afternoon.

Also, I can't think of a good April Fool's post, mostly because I didn't think about April Fooling till this morning. So here's an e-mail I got from Bookview Cafe:

For Immediate Release

The Book View Cafe authors are delighted to welcome our newest author members...the Walking Dead!

With proven staying power, and back lists of books that have never gone away, awards too numerous to mention, these authors will re-energize and re-shape the cafe in ways never before imagined!

In honor of these new additions to the Cafe line up, the Cafe's front page (www.bookviewcafe.com) will be dedicated to the finest work of these authors, newly returned to prominence and the surface of the earth.

"With the internet, print on demand and civilization-ending environmental catastrophy bringing so many exceptional authors back to life, as it were, we saw a real opportunity," said Sarah Zettel, Book View Cafe's Managing Director.

When asked why she decided to rise from the grave to join the ebook revolution and zombie apocolypse, Margaret Mitchell said, "I swore, as God is my witness, I would never go hungry again. With Google Maps to help me find the best concentrations of fresh brains, I can keep that promise."

"The fleeing populace is a moveable feast for a young zombie," adds Ernest Hemingway. "If we can use ebooks to help ensure they have short, happy lives, why the hell not?"

But, as always, it was the father of the modern English language who put it best. Said the Bard:

"Brrraaaaaiiinnnnssss..."


Meanwhile, Greenwillow is jazzing up its line for the new trend. I am of course anxious to read the great Diana Wynne Jones's The Afterlives of Christopher Chant.

Bye. I'm off to work in the front yard, where I can breathe pittosporum, the definitive fragrance of San Antonio spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment