Friday, April 16, 2010

Why You Want to Go to TLA

Maybe it's a long drive into San Antonio, you're at a stage of your career at which the whole schmooze librarians/collect catalogs/study the resources round seems less important than staying home with your butt in the chair writing, you've got a day job that's nothing to do with libraries and you'd have to justify taking a day off, it's supposed to rain some more today, your niece's birthday party is tonight; so you're thinking: "Naw, I don't want to go to TLA."

Yes, you do. Check out who's signing today:
Suzanne Collins - 10-12 in the Author Signing Area.
Chris Crutcher 10-11 in the Author Signing Area.
Kathleen Duey 10:30-12:30 in the Author Signing Area.
Shannon Hale 10-11 in the Author Signing Area. (She also signed yesterday.)
Gary Paulsen 2:30-4:00 in the Author Signing Area.
Liz Garton Scanlon 11-12 in Booth 1031, Simon & Schuster Children's
Cynthia Leitich-Smith 2-3 in the Author Signing Area.
Jacqueline Wilson 2-3 in the Author Signing Area.

Check out who you missed yesterday:
Karen Cushman
Kimberley Willis Holt
Ingrid Law
Rick Riordan

And that's only the ones I know will make most people in juvenile/YA lit squee; you may well have a favorite author in the schedule whom I skipped.

It's almost 8; Exhibit Hall opens at 9; I'm not dressed yet. If I want to catch everybody I want to catch I need to get going. So - see you there. (I'll be the one in the hat, the beautifully matched green stripes, and the big black backpack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment