Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Call Me Lancelot

So there's this scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the guard at Castle Swampy spots Sir Lancelot running toward him at a distance. He looks away, looks back: Lancelot is still running, about as far away. Looks away, looks back, still running in the distance. Looks away - gah! Lancelot is on top of him, hacking away.

The cliff scene is like that. This is the second day this week I haven't gotten to it, instead doing a lot of pacing and arranging and making lists of actions with approximate times and writing up toward. So far this is the unchasiest chase ever. At the moment it looks like tomorrow, for sure. But yesterday at this time, it looked like tomorrow for sure, too.

Actually the ends of all my books are like that. I'm working working working and the end is out there somewhere and then one day poof! I'm finished. So I'm not worried about this. It's just a bit frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment