Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Not Much Today, Either

I am getting better - still can't type much - and am off to the doctor this afternoon. The first day I couldn't even handle the mouse. By yesterday I was pretty comfortable using the mouse, but typing, hanging up clothes, and eating with my right hand had to be done with great care, and I can't dress myself past a certain point without assistance. Today I tried unfolding and cutting out some pattern pieces, but I don't have enough fine motor control.

My mom called when she read Sunday's post, worrying about me. Apparently the first thing she thought of was "car wreck." I promise I will call my mom if I'm ever in a car wreck, assuming that I can. When she heard the actual symptoms she thought "bursitis" and that does seem probable.

But the car wreck notion is exactly the kind of thing I'm always going on about. We get a tiny piece of information and immediately start filling in the blanks with the most dramatic ideas possible, regardless of their likelihood. That's how the storymaking process begins. And all some people do with it is worry themselves over nothing much. I didn't mean to worry anybody.

Okay, I think that's enough typing for right now.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the trouble and making the effort to make a post.

    http://john_m_burt.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me feel I was accomplishing something, anyway!

    ReplyDelete