Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just Go Read Simon Says

Elaine Marie Alphin has had a stroke.

It's too soon for retrospectives and tributes and things. That would just be self-tormenting. She's in ICU. I don't know anything, just what her husband posted to our online writers' list. I only met her in person once, when we were both up for an Edgar and neither of us got it. It's just -

Well, go read Simon Says. I don't care how much it hurts, go do it.

That's what my interior universe looks like. And I don't want her to die or survive in a twilit half-life with her interface to other people borked to hell and I'm going to stop now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, Peni. Obviously I didn't know her but I grieve with you for a person you admire, who is in pain. I hope she recovers and in good health.

    ReplyDelete