Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hard is not Impossible

Some days I think I exhausted all my discipline during the Year from Hell.

And some days I think I'm just lazy.

Then there's days like today when I realize that the problem is a war between my creative mind making a good-faith effort to create things and my disciplined brain protesting that it's trying to create the wrong things and anyway we need to do this other stuff first, and I wind up doing neither; or doing stealth creativity in ways my disciplined brain completely disapproves of because I can't even theoretically get paid for it, and not even the housework gets done

And then a front comes through and knocks me flat on my back. Well, not so far, but autumn is on its way, for sure.

Something's in there. Hiding. It's hard to prepare for when I don't know what it is, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment