Sunday, September 1, 2013

Idea Garage Sale: Fen Love

I have three panels I want to see tomorrow, all at the same time. Not cool, Worldcon; not cool!

However, I also need to finish going through the dealers' room and it'd be nice to say hi to Marianne and Dan-and-Wendy and various people I kept running into at panels again. Damon's not going back because he is too wiped. I'm pretty wiped myself.

But I can in fact sit up and type, so I may as well dump a Garage Sale Idea on you. A bare-bones one, anyway.

I've read fiction set at cons. I hate Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb, and need hardly say I love Deep Secret by Diana Wynne Jones. Probably others exist.

But has anybody written the romance novel about the Fanboy and the Gamer Girl who Find Eachother there?

Because somebody should.

That's plenty. If you've ever been to a large con, you know why this is a good idea. And if you haven't, you couldn't write it.

So I'm going to go read Helen & Troy's Epic Road Quest and put my aching feet up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment