Friday, January 10, 2014

Whatever Gets You Through the Day

On the one hand, writing scenes you know you'll have to cut out later, just because that seems to be the only way you can figure out the hidden actions and motivations which will steer developments that affect the protagonist, feels like a huge time sink, and I get all annoyed at myself for not being able to just notebook it all out.

On the other hand, it feels like goofing off; which is always easier to get yourself to do than working is.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you're book coming out! (I know there's a double meaning in that isn't there?) I finally got one out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out last February, not this one; but the point is, it's out. I hope your sales are brisker than mine.

      Delete